DEMO Dress Code
Every Thomas Jefferson student is EXPECTED to address appropriately, as if they are coming to work. Appropriate attire is that which projects a net, clean, and appropriate appearance and does not INTERFERE with our “Family of Learning.”
For PE Classes:
• Approved NMS PE shorts and t-shirt (including 5K shirts).
- PE shirt does not replace white uniform shirt.
- Jacket/sweatshirt hoods are not to be worn up at any time (except outdoors during inclement weather).
- Hats/caps may only be worn outside during inclement weather.
- Professional sports team attire of any kind is prohibited.
- Any clothing worn must be appropriate in style so as not to be disruptive to the learning environment (at the teacher’s discretion).
- Pants may not be inappropriately torn.
- Shoes must cover toes and be secured at the heel.
- Uniform Policy is in effect for all curricular excursions held during regular instructional hours.
- Exemptions may be granted by Principal/designee when appropriate. Students not in uniform compliance are to be sent to Parent Center to change. Teachers are requested to enforce uniform policy at all times. The Principal/designee, based on feedback reports of overall student behavior, may announce occasional uniform-optional days. On these days, students will still be required to follow the district dress code.